Bernedoodle Puppies For Sale
A Bernedoodle is a mix between a Bernese Mountain Dog and a Poodle.
Mini Bernedoodles are a mix of dog breeds, the Bernese Mountain Dog and a mini Poodle. Standard Bernedoodles are a cross between a standard Poodle and the Bernese Mountain Dog. F1 generation puppies show how much poodle is in to the Bernedoodles’ genes. Our top-bred Bernedoodles have personalities that are lively, loyal, and love companionship!
Our Bernedoodle Puppies For Sale
We don't currently have any puppies available, check back soon!
What is a Bernedoodle?
A mix between a Bernese Mountain Dog and a Standard Poodle, our Bernedoodle puppies make for a smart, goofy, and loyal family dog
Berenedoodles can vary in size due to size of the parents. Our Bernedoodle puppies usually range in mature weight from 10lbs to 70 lbs. We have Standard Bernedoodle, Mini Bernedoodle and Petite Bernedoodle litters.
History of the Bernedoodle Breed
Bernedoodle hybrids were first developed in Switzerland when the Poodle first came to Germany from France, in about 2003. They are the combination of Poodles with Bernese Mountain Dogs. There are 3 standard sizes of Bernedoodle: standard, mini, and toy. Toy Bernedoodles typically are about 12 to 17 inches tall and can weigh as little as 10 to 20 pounds. Mini Bernedoodles are between 18 and 22 inches tall and an average weight between 20 and 40 pounds. Standard Bernedoodles typically weigh between 40 and 70 pounds, and be 23 to 29 inches tall.
Generally mini and toy Bernedoodles can be a little stubborn and energetic, they are affectionate and playful. These playful pals interact well with children and usually love spending most of their time with their family. As they love company they don’t do all that well when they are left alone for long periods of time. Bernedoodles can be suspicious of new people if not socialized from as early as possible. Their fur can be curly, long and wayve, or straight. While straight coats may shed a little more, both are considered hypoallergenic puppies.
Bernedoodle Puppy Breed Information
Do Bernedoodles shed?
That is the million dollar question 🙂 We do genetic shedding, coat and curl testing on all the parents for our Mini Benedoodle and Standard Bernedoodle litters outside of the pure breed Bernese Mountain dog as we already know they shed. The reason behind that is to ensure we are breeding parents that have the absolute lest chances of producing a shedding Bernedoodle puppy.
How big do Bernedoodles get?
Our Bernedoodle puppies are a direct result of their parents size and of course genetics. The poodles and bernedoodles we use for breeding are all on the smaller size, even our standards. Most our Bernedoodle puppy litters are in the following size range.
Standard Bernedoodle: 40-70lbs
Mini Bernedoodle: 20-40 lbs
Petite Bernedoodle: 10-20 lbs
What are Bernedoodles like?
Bernedoodles in our opinion are kind of like velcro, if you you are standing they will be leaning against your leg, if you are sitting be ready for a lap dog. The Bernedoodle is a very loyal family dog that loves to go for a hike, a boat ride or snuggle up on the couch.
About our Bernedoodles
The Bernedoodles we produce here are most importantly breed from parents who are fully health testing, allowing us to pass on a 2 year Genetic Guarentee on all our Bernedoodle puppies for sale.
We offer Bernedoodles in the sought after Tri, Merle Tri, Bi-color and Phantom.
Reviews from owners who've purchased a Bernedoodle puppy from us
We love our Standard Bernedoodle Puppy!
My fiancé and I picked up our sweet Bernedoodle puppy, Willow, a few weeks ago and we are just loving her SOmuch!
Poodles 2 Doodles puppies are 100% trustworthy. We went with Poodles 2 Doodles because we knew we would have a great experience and receive an amazing puppy. This is the second puppy my family has gotten from them (my brother has one of their sweet Sheepadoodles) and they are just wonderful dogs. They are healthy, have a sweet disposition, and wonderful temperaments. I felt very prepared by the Poodles 2 Doodles website in what to expect with a new puppy, and well-equipped by their puppy starter kit guide to bring Willow home.
Choosing a breeder is hard because you might feel like you don’t know what to expect. However, with P2D, you can trust that they care for their dogs and breed them the right way. Their puppies are clearly raised in a calm and loving environment and will enter your home with ease! It is clear that they love their dogs by the way their puppies interact with all people. Our Willow loves every person she meets and is just so joyful!
She is already growing so much and is the best addition to our family! We can’t speak highly enough of Poodles 2 Doodles. If you are considering welcoming one of their dogs into your family, don’t hesitate!
They are wonderful pups with great dispositions
We purchased 2 Mini Bernedoodles from Jill 1 year ago. They are wonderful pups with great dispositions. We greatly appreciate the high level of service we received (everything from picking out them out to having them hand delivered to us at our airport to prompt, informative answers to our questions over the last year). Jill’s ongoing advice and guidance has been a game changer for us.
Frequently Asked Questions
What colors are Bernedoodles?
Bernedoodles comes in many different colors and sizes:
- A solid color Bernedoodle will generally be black or brown. It may have a very small amount of white on the tips of the feet and chest which can disappear as the puppy matures.
- A Bi-color Bernedoodle has two color patterns to the coat. It will generally be black and white or brown and white.
- A Phantom Bernedoodle puppy will generally be black with tan points (this can resemble the Tricolor without the white). These points or tips are generally along cheekbone, eyebrows, front and hind legs, and underneath the tail .
- A Sable Bernedoodle puppy will have a two-toned coat color. It can have either brown or black tips on the coat. Sable Bernedoodles change or lighten in color as then mature.
- A Tri-color Bernedoodle puppy will be black, white and rust, the rust can also be called red or tan. These puppies generally have white on the face along with a white blaze over forehead and head. These puppies look the most like the Bernese Mountain Dog.
- Merle Bernedoodle puppies have mottled patches of color in solid, piebald, or blue-ish coats. You can learn more about Merle coats on this Wikipedia page.
We’ve been fortunate enough to breed many tri-color puppies – they are always in high demand!
What do the different generations mean?
The different generations depict how much Poodle is in a Bernedoodles puppies’ genes. This is relevant for people with severe allergies, since the more Poodle, the more hypoallergenic.
- F1 Bernedoodle: Old English Sheepdog crossed with a Poodle
- F1b Bernedoodle: F1 Bernedoodle crossed with a Poodle
- F1bb Bernedoodle: F1b Bernedoodle crossed with a Poodle
- F2 Bernedoodle: F1 Bernedoodle crossed with an F1 Bernedoodle
- F2b Bernedoodle: F1 Bernedoodle crossed with an F1b Bernedoodle
- F3 Bernedoodle: F1b Bernedoodle crossed with an F1b Bernedoodle