What is a Bernedoodle?
A mix between a Bernese Mountain Dog and a Standard Poodle, our Bernedoodle puppies make for a smart, goofy, and loyal family dog
Bernedoodle puppies can typically be found in 3 main sizes, being either a Standard, Mini, or Micro Bernedoodle puppy. Learn more about the various sizes of our puppies below.
Our Bernedoodle Puppies For Sale
We don’t currently have any Bernedoodle puppies available for sale, however we do have a general wait list for our upcoming litters! View our Mini Bernedoodle wait list below:
Bernedoodle Breed Information
Do Bernedoodles shed?
No! Bernedoodle puppies are hypoallergenic, meaning they don’t shed and are far less likely to cause allergic reactions. However they do need to be brushed regularly to keep their coat soft and clean.
How big do Bernedoodles get?
Due to the huge range of sizes in Poodles, Bernedoodles can be anywhere from less than 20 pounds all the way up to 75 pounds! We breed all sizes of Bernedoodles, from Standard Bernedoodles that weigh between 55 and 75 pounds, to Mini Bernedoodles (25- 50 lbs), and occasionally even Micro Bernedoodles (18 – 30 lbs).
What are Bernedoodles like?
Bernedoodles are a companion dog, always looking to please their humans. They are happy, social, loyal, and a bit goofy! A Bernedoodle puppy will always be found next to their family whether it is on the couch, a bike trail, campground, or dog park.
About our Bernedoodle puppies for sale
The Bernedoodles that we have for sale are bred for temperament, conformation and most importantly, health (view our Health Guarantee!). We DNA test all our adults for Degenerative Myelopathy (DM) and Von Willebrand’s (VWB). Our adults are also Hip and Elbow certified by the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals (OFA). We believe that health is of utmost importance. But we also know families are searching for puppies that are hypoallergenic, cute, and fluffy. We go a step above to ensure this by DNA testing all our adults for the shedding gene to ensure our best chances of very low to non-shedding Bernedoodle coat type. We also DNA test for the curl and furnishings gene so all our puppies will have a teddy bear look.
Reviews from owners who've purchased a Bernedoodle puppy from us
F1 goldendoodle- best personality and non shedding!
We love our golden doodle Tenney. She is the perfect temperament for our family. Plays when we want to play, lays down and rests (or snores😄) when we don’t. She is the perfect blend of active for our 3 kids(13, 9& 4). From day 1 she has slept through the night and was a breeze to kennel and potty train. Literally the best dog we have ever had. Poodles to Doodles takes care of everything from microchipping to spay/neuter so there was nothing for us to worry about when we took her home other than enjoying her. I think we will add another in the future!
Super smart, very playful, loves people and other dogs
We have a Mini Bernedoodle from Jill and he is an incredible puppy. He is 8 months old. Super smart, very playful, loves people and other dogs. He is a very active & healthy puppy. He has a bit of orneriness in him from the Bernese side of him but this is what makes his personality so adorable. Jill has been great from the moment we made the decision to get a puppy to after we brought him home She is always very responsive (even now, 6 months after bringing puppy home) to answer questions and offer advice.
Very happy with our experience
We got a fantastic healthy mini bernedoodle pup. Smooth transactions & quick delivery for our newest addition to the family!
Frequently Asked Questions
What colors are Bernedoodles?
Bernedoodles comes in many different colors and sizes:
- A solid color Bernedoodle will generally be black or brown. It may have a very small amount of white on the tips of the feet and chest which can disappear as the puppy matures.
- A Bi-color Bernedoodle has two color patterns to the coat. It will generally be black and white or brown and white.
- A Phantom Bernedoodle puppy will generally be black with tan points (this can resemble the Tricolor without the white). These points or tips are generally along cheekbone, eyebrows, front and hind legs, and underneath the tail .
- A Sable Bernedoodle puppy will have a two-toned coat color. It can have either brown or black tips on the coat. Sable Bernedoodles change or lighten in color as then mature.
- A Tri-color Bernedoodle will be black, white and rust, the rust can also be called red or tan. These puppies generally have white on the face along with a white blaze over forehead and head. These puppies look the most like the Bernese Mountain Dog.
- Merle Bernedoodle puppies have mottled patches of color in solid, piebald, or blue-ish coats. You can learn more about Merle coats on this Wikipedia page.
We’ve been fortunate enough to breed many tri-color puppies – they are always in high demand!
What do the different generations mean?
The different generations depict how much Poodle is in a Bernedoodles puppies’ genes. This is relevant for people with severe allergies, since the more Poodle, the more hypoallergenic.
- F1 Bernedoodle: Old English Sheepdog crossed with a Poodle
- F1b Bernedoodle: F1 Bernedoodle crossed with a Poodle
- F1bb Bernedoodle: F1b Bernedoodle crossed with a Poodle
- F2 Bernedoodle: F1 Bernedoodle crossed with an F1 Bernedoodle
- F2b Bernedoodle: F1 Bernedoodle crossed with an F1b Bernedoodle
- F3 Bernedoodle: F1b Bernedoodle crossed with an F1b Bernedoodle